The Musical Brochure

The Musical Brochure Volume 7
Add me on Myspace download coming soon...

Artists- Song Titles The Musical Brochure Volume 7 Playlist Artwork by Maria
1. Philip Glass- Opening
2. Attention Deficit- Scapula
3. Enon- Shoulder
4. Bizzart- Stumbling Blocks
5. The Allstar Project- Riding the Bullet
6. Mandrill- Fencewalk
7. Sage Francis- Underground for Dummies
8. Kaddisfly- Waves (July)
9. Dulce de Leche- Valley of Death
10. Ulrich Schnauss- Stars
11. Hour of the Shipwreck- The Chandelier Suite
12. Pavement- Conduit for Sale!
13. Jeff Ramuno & the Gunslingers- Mozart Scapegoat
14. Pride of Kenya- The Wathcer
15. On Nova- The Ghost


This Weeks Featured Artists is Maria.
Visit her on Myspace | Flickr
"My favorite place to photograph is LA. I love to take long drives alone and discover new places. There is so much to see that I feel like I can do this for many years to come. Even thought I would love to travel and see the world, I don't feel that you have to drive very far to find an amazing spot. I want to learn all I can about where I am from."

About Me

Welcome to The Musical Brochure, A place where you can check out what's going on in my weird mind when it comes to music, art, love and poetry. album reviews, social thoughts, upcoming events, and other obscured and random comments will be up on my blog. Also, I will be creating what i call the musical brochure volumes, each first monday of the month i'll be putting out a zip file that will contain a mix playlist of music so people can download. Also i'm looking for local artist that can create the artwork for the playlist you will be featured on my blog and myspace and links will be provided to your work and contact information, maybe i can find you some networks. Lastly, I want to support local music, art and activism anything that can better our society mentally. If you are a band and want to be featured on the monthly playlist or be promoted on the blog. contact me at jerrysalazar2@yahoo.com or on myspace. my ultimate goal is to create an online radio station based entirely on independent music from around the world, locally and unlocally acts that deserve the recognition it deserve.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Musical Brochure Vol. 3

So I joined a gym last wednesday and it's giving me more time to listen to some of the music that i haven't heard in a while and ones that I just recently got. I jumped on the treadmill and put my ipod on shuffle and every single time i liked the song i would put it on my 'on the go' playlist so when i got home i could check the titles and listen to the songs. Some of the picks for this weeks Volume came from the workout at the gym others were old favorites i wanted others to hear because i enjoyed them. I hate using genres and labeling music but it's the only way to organize your music and artist, it makes it much easier to kind of have an idea of what the style the band is. I tried to keep it pretty easy listening this week, beside the closer but anyways noticeable genres are electronica, fusion jazz, acoustic freak folk, basically some good track. I couldn't decide on what excerpt I wanted to use this week so i just kept it to 15 songs plus Caribou does a great job starting the playlist. one of my favorite songs on this weeks playlist has to be Mew's 'Am I Wry? No'. I annoyed the crap out of the my roommates singing acapella to the one Bridge haha i don't know it just stuck to my head. Anyways I hope you enjoy this weeks Playlist and keep checking out the blog as much as you can, i'll be updating it whenever i get the chance and i'll be throwing in some goodies as well. BIG NEWS is coming to you guys soon i'm gonna need all the help i can get to get this project where I want it to go. I'll keep you posted.

The Musical Brochure Volume 3: (15 songs/ 1:10:32/ 91.8 MB)

1. Caribou- Melody Day (4:11)
2. Dirty Projectors- What I See (3:27)
3. Giant Drag- Cordial Invitation (2:59)
4. DJ Shadow- Changeling (7:52)
5. !!!- Must Be the Moon (5:56)
6. Mew- Am I Wry? No (4:54)
7. Rob Crow- Taste (3:28)
8. Celebration- Foxes (4:17)
9. Broken Social Scene- Our Faces Split The Coast In Half (3:42)
10. Devendra Banhart- Now that I Know (4:58)
11. Jimmy Chamberlin Complex- P.S.A. (5:46)
12. Film School- On & On (5:40)
13. Kings of Leon- On Call (3:22)
14. Zero 7- Warm Sound (5:30)
15. Clann Zu- Words of Snow (4:35)

Featured Artists:

Thank you Pilotsleep Designs for the great Album Artwork, GO check out his designs on his DeviantArt Profile. George is self taught at photoshop I remember back in 05 he'd make me backgrounds from Paint good to see that he upgraded. If you'd like to get in contact with George message him at his Myspace. He'll definitely help you out with artwork for your EP or Full Length.

Downloads:

For Mac Users
Download from Mediafire

For PC Users
Download from MediaFire

No comments: