The Musical Brochure

The Musical Brochure Volume 7
Add me on Myspace download coming soon...

Artists- Song Titles The Musical Brochure Volume 7 Playlist Artwork by Maria
1. Philip Glass- Opening
2. Attention Deficit- Scapula
3. Enon- Shoulder
4. Bizzart- Stumbling Blocks
5. The Allstar Project- Riding the Bullet
6. Mandrill- Fencewalk
7. Sage Francis- Underground for Dummies
8. Kaddisfly- Waves (July)
9. Dulce de Leche- Valley of Death
10. Ulrich Schnauss- Stars
11. Hour of the Shipwreck- The Chandelier Suite
12. Pavement- Conduit for Sale!
13. Jeff Ramuno & the Gunslingers- Mozart Scapegoat
14. Pride of Kenya- The Wathcer
15. On Nova- The Ghost


This Weeks Featured Artists is Maria.
Visit her on Myspace | Flickr
"My favorite place to photograph is LA. I love to take long drives alone and discover new places. There is so much to see that I feel like I can do this for many years to come. Even thought I would love to travel and see the world, I don't feel that you have to drive very far to find an amazing spot. I want to learn all I can about where I am from."

About Me

Welcome to The Musical Brochure, A place where you can check out what's going on in my weird mind when it comes to music, art, love and poetry. album reviews, social thoughts, upcoming events, and other obscured and random comments will be up on my blog. Also, I will be creating what i call the musical brochure volumes, each first monday of the month i'll be putting out a zip file that will contain a mix playlist of music so people can download. Also i'm looking for local artist that can create the artwork for the playlist you will be featured on my blog and myspace and links will be provided to your work and contact information, maybe i can find you some networks. Lastly, I want to support local music, art and activism anything that can better our society mentally. If you are a band and want to be featured on the monthly playlist or be promoted on the blog. contact me at jerrysalazar2@yahoo.com or on myspace. my ultimate goal is to create an online radio station based entirely on independent music from around the world, locally and unlocally acts that deserve the recognition it deserve.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Show Review: Dulce De Leche



I was invited to attend Dulce de Leche's musical presentation at the Cobalt last Sunday. It was an early show and I got their just in time to hear the opening song, which is named 'Two Tone Jack'. For you's that don't know Dulce de Leche, they are a lovely duo compromised of mainly Guitar and Percussion/Drums. They evoke colorful melodies and foot tapping rhythms that conjure a cohesive acoustic sound. A different direction from the last venture the Lead Guitarist was involved in, growing up with punk rock he provided Lead Guitar for San Fernando Valley Punk Band, Blasphemy Squad. Furthermore, Percussionist/ Drummer met Jose (Lead Guitar) of Dulce de Leche back in the Punk Days and for fun started Dulce de Leche.  The show was something different from what I expected the two sat on stage after 'Two Tone Jack' composing acoustic ballads and soft sound effects provided by the percussionist, the songs were switched up lyrically with english and spanish compositions and fast and slow paced lyrics. The set ended with fellow Blasphemy Squad musicians sharing the stage with an improv track led by offbeat rhythms and jazz filled sax solos I felt like I was back in Venice's Infamous Drum Circle. For the man that missed the show check them out at Make Music Pasadena 2008 in June.

Download Dulce de Leche- Valley of Death through Mediafire
Check out Dulce de Leche on Myspace

No comments: