The Musical Brochure

The Musical Brochure Volume 7
Add me on Myspace download coming soon...

Artists- Song Titles The Musical Brochure Volume 7 Playlist Artwork by Maria
1. Philip Glass- Opening
2. Attention Deficit- Scapula
3. Enon- Shoulder
4. Bizzart- Stumbling Blocks
5. The Allstar Project- Riding the Bullet
6. Mandrill- Fencewalk
7. Sage Francis- Underground for Dummies
8. Kaddisfly- Waves (July)
9. Dulce de Leche- Valley of Death
10. Ulrich Schnauss- Stars
11. Hour of the Shipwreck- The Chandelier Suite
12. Pavement- Conduit for Sale!
13. Jeff Ramuno & the Gunslingers- Mozart Scapegoat
14. Pride of Kenya- The Wathcer
15. On Nova- The Ghost


This Weeks Featured Artists is Maria.
Visit her on Myspace | Flickr
"My favorite place to photograph is LA. I love to take long drives alone and discover new places. There is so much to see that I feel like I can do this for many years to come. Even thought I would love to travel and see the world, I don't feel that you have to drive very far to find an amazing spot. I want to learn all I can about where I am from."

About Me

Welcome to The Musical Brochure, A place where you can check out what's going on in my weird mind when it comes to music, art, love and poetry. album reviews, social thoughts, upcoming events, and other obscured and random comments will be up on my blog. Also, I will be creating what i call the musical brochure volumes, each first monday of the month i'll be putting out a zip file that will contain a mix playlist of music so people can download. Also i'm looking for local artist that can create the artwork for the playlist you will be featured on my blog and myspace and links will be provided to your work and contact information, maybe i can find you some networks. Lastly, I want to support local music, art and activism anything that can better our society mentally. If you are a band and want to be featured on the monthly playlist or be promoted on the blog. contact me at jerrysalazar2@yahoo.com or on myspace. my ultimate goal is to create an online radio station based entirely on independent music from around the world, locally and unlocally acts that deserve the recognition it deserve.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Death Cab for Cute-Transatlanticism (Single)

So i've been here at home looking for a job for the past few days, now actually 2 weeks haha. anyways i go through out my day surrounding myself with music and positive energy to keep myself sane in this world. I have a goal in life; to one day achieve something that i feel content about before i die. I have ideas I have talents I have faith in myself but sometimes you sit there stoned and trip on the fact, "Man I'm living my life, slowly and slowly i realize one day i'm going to die, that i'm not going to be alive. not here". I don't know if your soul goes and you become like this fertilizer that helps make a tree grow but i know mentally&logically that at one point in time i will die, but one day at a time right, it seems like the days are going by so fast like, I am in a mentally subsidizing time machine not counting minutes nor seconds but weeks, months and years. i'll die. with or without a family, with or without being content, loving someone and someone loving you equally till the day we die, it seems rare now, that's ancient right. Well think about it no one really agrees anymore everyone is judgmental. We live in that sort of society. Okay! Now on to the song sorry for that off thought. So I judge music right away maybe not by it's genre or fans but more about the labels decisions to make them popular. I get caught up in the fact that mainstream bands shouldn't be good or talented musicians but you stop to think, Wait! They were doing good once right, Coming to help? bands like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Muse off the top of my head. I picked out Death Cab for Cutie as a mainstream artist, which in terms are and I stood them up. My roommate told me to listen to this song, i never myself sat down and appreciated their music. I BOUGHT AN ALBUM and never really listened to it; Back with the first credit card days and tower records closing down ,what?.. anyways my itunes randomly hit this song from Death Cab for Cutie I downloaded for my roommate (ay jose if your reading this give me a blank i'll make that copy) so then I heard the outro, I guess it was very heavy so it caught my attention the dynamics i guess, but anyways it started it off from the beginning very simple, easy, i didn't seem like anything special, but i guess after the climax came in it hit me. Wow! This is it, that's the song the emotion. it simply is what it is. Simple. I've always treasured simplicity, How someone can get their point across with simplicity nothing all metaphorical but just simple. Very reminiscent of radiohead which really get much more metaphorical by their audience and listeners perception. the listeners distort the real meaning, but anyways this song is beautiful and i think you guys should watch this video i found on YouTube. So I'm gonna host it on my blog for the day. Check it Out.

p.s. think about your life, really think about it. be happy. i love all my friends and my family. blessings.

Download Death Cab for Cutie- Transatlanticism (Single) from Mediafire
Watch My Favorite Fan Video of Transatlanticism on Youtube
Check out their info on Wikipedia
Check out their Myspace
Buy Transatlanticism on Amazon

No comments: