The Musical Brochure

The Musical Brochure Volume 7
Add me on Myspace download coming soon...

Artists- Song Titles The Musical Brochure Volume 7 Playlist Artwork by Maria
1. Philip Glass- Opening
2. Attention Deficit- Scapula
3. Enon- Shoulder
4. Bizzart- Stumbling Blocks
5. The Allstar Project- Riding the Bullet
6. Mandrill- Fencewalk
7. Sage Francis- Underground for Dummies
8. Kaddisfly- Waves (July)
9. Dulce de Leche- Valley of Death
10. Ulrich Schnauss- Stars
11. Hour of the Shipwreck- The Chandelier Suite
12. Pavement- Conduit for Sale!
13. Jeff Ramuno & the Gunslingers- Mozart Scapegoat
14. Pride of Kenya- The Wathcer
15. On Nova- The Ghost


This Weeks Featured Artists is Maria.
Visit her on Myspace | Flickr
"My favorite place to photograph is LA. I love to take long drives alone and discover new places. There is so much to see that I feel like I can do this for many years to come. Even thought I would love to travel and see the world, I don't feel that you have to drive very far to find an amazing spot. I want to learn all I can about where I am from."

About Me

Welcome to The Musical Brochure, A place where you can check out what's going on in my weird mind when it comes to music, art, love and poetry. album reviews, social thoughts, upcoming events, and other obscured and random comments will be up on my blog. Also, I will be creating what i call the musical brochure volumes, each first monday of the month i'll be putting out a zip file that will contain a mix playlist of music so people can download. Also i'm looking for local artist that can create the artwork for the playlist you will be featured on my blog and myspace and links will be provided to your work and contact information, maybe i can find you some networks. Lastly, I want to support local music, art and activism anything that can better our society mentally. If you are a band and want to be featured on the monthly playlist or be promoted on the blog. contact me at jerrysalazar2@yahoo.com or on myspace. my ultimate goal is to create an online radio station based entirely on independent music from around the world, locally and unlocally acts that deserve the recognition it deserve.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Will Haven


I think the reason why I'm so open minded with music has to be that i love metal punk hip-hop folk jazz and pop in no particular order. I'm not stereotypical though, it's mainly about the love for music, dig. anyways I've been through some good Will Haven days from first listening to Carpe Diem to digging deep for some bootlegs and rare tracks like the last Grady demos for instance, Handlerbars To Freedom. What's their sound? well it's pretty straight forward in your face aggression, with heavy riffs, not much on the double pedal metal but with a kinda of evil feel plus adding a little of Grady's vocal code it gives it that mystery. I think i heard of Will Haven through a Deftones Fan and since then I've just loved the aggression with the vocals and the riffs of the guitars. They've released 4 studio albums beginning with 1997 release of El Diablo after coming WHVN then the biggest seller Carpe Diem. Secrets were being mingled around and word was it that Grady left the band for good after his pervious awols. After all this getting to the Haven Camp, WHVN decided to write a bulletin via Myspace to all that pn February 19th 2007 Will Haven will play a free show at the Troubador in Los Angeles, and will have a 'big announcement'. The announcement was that Grady Avenell had left the band and been replaced by longtime friend of the band (and former vocalist for Red Tape) Jeff Jaworski, I attended that show it was a great show plus it was free and I was right upfront. check out the video on YouTube I'm at the front right side of the stage, Jaworski is screaming in my face in the beginning. That night I also saw Eightfourseven for the first time which by far has to be one of the most underated bands locally and I'm pretty sure I'm speaking for a majority of people. Other bands that played that night where Death Valley High and Red Host. Will Haven there after with the help of their new record label Bieler Bros Records put out The Hierophant which includes all music by the original members and vocals which were recorded with Jeff Jaworski and with Grady Avenell contributing to the writing of several songs. The Heirophant never released a video but Will Haven did tour the album inEurope with Deftones and went on to the UK. Will Haven did release one Music Video off Carpe Diem, called Carpe Diem and it features Deftones Vocalist Chino Moreno getting his car stolen. Will Haven is to release a dvd soon and plans on recording their follow up which is in the writting process already.

Watch the Music Video for Will Haven- Carpe Diem on Youtube
Check out Will Haven on Myspace
Listen to The Heirophant besides skinner on LastFM
Buy Will Haven's Music on Amazon

No comments: