The Musical Brochure

The Musical Brochure Volume 7
Add me on Myspace download coming soon...

Artists- Song Titles The Musical Brochure Volume 7 Playlist Artwork by Maria
1. Philip Glass- Opening
2. Attention Deficit- Scapula
3. Enon- Shoulder
4. Bizzart- Stumbling Blocks
5. The Allstar Project- Riding the Bullet
6. Mandrill- Fencewalk
7. Sage Francis- Underground for Dummies
8. Kaddisfly- Waves (July)
9. Dulce de Leche- Valley of Death
10. Ulrich Schnauss- Stars
11. Hour of the Shipwreck- The Chandelier Suite
12. Pavement- Conduit for Sale!
13. Jeff Ramuno & the Gunslingers- Mozart Scapegoat
14. Pride of Kenya- The Wathcer
15. On Nova- The Ghost


This Weeks Featured Artists is Maria.
Visit her on Myspace | Flickr
"My favorite place to photograph is LA. I love to take long drives alone and discover new places. There is so much to see that I feel like I can do this for many years to come. Even thought I would love to travel and see the world, I don't feel that you have to drive very far to find an amazing spot. I want to learn all I can about where I am from."

About Me

Welcome to The Musical Brochure, A place where you can check out what's going on in my weird mind when it comes to music, art, love and poetry. album reviews, social thoughts, upcoming events, and other obscured and random comments will be up on my blog. Also, I will be creating what i call the musical brochure volumes, each first monday of the month i'll be putting out a zip file that will contain a mix playlist of music so people can download. Also i'm looking for local artist that can create the artwork for the playlist you will be featured on my blog and myspace and links will be provided to your work and contact information, maybe i can find you some networks. Lastly, I want to support local music, art and activism anything that can better our society mentally. If you are a band and want to be featured on the monthly playlist or be promoted on the blog. contact me at jerrysalazar2@yahoo.com or on myspace. my ultimate goal is to create an online radio station based entirely on independent music from around the world, locally and unlocally acts that deserve the recognition it deserve.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Sound Tribe Sector 9- Artifact

Last summer my friend told me about this band and because I was really into prefuse 73, flying lotus, j dilla it was just perfect. Unfortunely my iPod crashed so i had to retrieve all the music i had or remembered that i had and i totally forgot about this band. I just recently remembered about them and i found it today and it brought back great memories. Sound Tribe Sector 9 has played various festivals and musical events but stayed pretty independent while gaining fans through their live perfornamce. The album i own from the various one's they've released sounds very down-tempo-ish, more of a Zero 7 feel with folk & acoustic sounds soulful ballads and even just easy listening tracks. I've read up on them and came to find out that everyone in the band plays the Laptop haha. They all sequence and record different sounds together and sample it's pretty interesting a lot of computer work going on there. You can hear pianos, glitch, chimes, electronics, drums. phasing. The album reminds me of a slow tempo version of 'Rounds' album from Four Tet, with the loops and samplings. With 'Artifact' you can hear every style and experimentation it's very clever you can hear every little thing like congas on the track 'Tokyo' and you can also hear an electric guitar used with a slide. It's a bunch of collective sounds weaved cohesively it works well, I haven't had a chance to see these guys live but when i do get the chance I'd love to catch this live. Beautiful guitar solos with ambient type beats and glitch, you'll even hear like arabic music or something reminiscent of that. It took me forever to find this album so I'm making it available for free through MediaFire because it took me a long time to find a copy. I hope you guys enjoy this album STS9- Artifact it's very creative in my opinion. Noticeable genres Electronica, Jazz, Funk, Pop, Ambient, Psychedelic, Hip Hop, Techno, Soul, just a straight up jam band. *UPDATE* STS9 will be at the House of Blues Sunset Strip May 16 and 17 tickets are on sale now $17.50 for One night and $35.00 for a 2 day pass on sale at ticketmaster. here's the link

Download Sound Tribe Sector 9- Artifact from MediaFire
Buy Sound Tribe Sector 9 Music on Amazon
Check out STS9 on Myspace
Check out Sound Tribe Sector 9 on Last Fm
Read about STS9 on Wikipedia

No comments: